Delayed V-day dinner, tripping over, and winning the meat tray
The week was reasonably long but it was highlighted by our delayed Valentine's Day dinner on Monday night. We were a bit tired after work but it was nice to have a quiet dinner together that was not work realted.



The rest of the week was long and but uneventful. All I ended up doing was to will the week to finish.
Friday evening
We didn't end up watching a movie because none of the guys turned up again. Sam was running late, so I did a bit of shopping in town and went straight home. It was by far one of the most uneventful Friday nights I could recall for a while. But still, it was good to reach the end of the week.
Saturday
I slept in on Saturday morning. When we finally got out of bed, we started watching the first episode of Orange is the New Black on Netflix at a friend's recommendation. The next thing we knew, we had watched three episodes already and were completely hooked!


Even so, I went downstairs to get some lunch from Wilde Kitchen, only that when I got the takeaway meal and was coming back home, I tripped and fell over on the stairs in our apartment block, which got some of my food and drink splattered all over the staircase! I was fine even though I felt like such a klutz.
I spent the rest of the afternoon chilling until the evening when the two of us went to one of my client's fundraising event at a Vietnamese restaurant. It was very loud and was so not my scene, not to mention the fact that they couldn't really make us food that was paleo friendly, so it was no fun having to starve. To make things worse, we found out that the restaurant was actually a karaoke bar after a certain time and most of the singing wasn't good. We tried to have as much fun as we could but nothing was more fun than leaving the venue!
I guess the best thing about the night was that we won one of the raffle prizes, which was a tray of meat, so something Paleo did come out of the otherwise tedious night!
Sunday
I got up at about 9 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I called up a few places to see if I could get this printer that was on special at Officeworks. As it turned out, there was no stock left at any of the stores, so that saved me from having to go and pick it up.
Both Sam and I went down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch, followed by our fortnightly grocery shopping trip. We then went over to his mum's place to give him some of the meat from the meat tray we won. After a bit of a chat, we left there and went home.

After ironing my clothes for the following week, I cooked up some of the lamb chops from the meat tray for dinner. The rest of the night was totally uneventful. In fact, there hasn't been much excitement since we got back from Europe. You would have thought my post-travel depression must have passed by now.
The rest of the week was long and but uneventful. All I ended up doing was to will the week to finish.
Friday evening
We didn't end up watching a movie because none of the guys turned up again. Sam was running late, so I did a bit of shopping in town and went straight home. It was by far one of the most uneventful Friday nights I could recall for a while. But still, it was good to reach the end of the week.
Saturday
I slept in on Saturday morning. When we finally got out of bed, we started watching the first episode of Orange is the New Black on Netflix at a friend's recommendation. The next thing we knew, we had watched three episodes already and were completely hooked!
Even so, I went downstairs to get some lunch from Wilde Kitchen, only that when I got the takeaway meal and was coming back home, I tripped and fell over on the stairs in our apartment block, which got some of my food and drink splattered all over the staircase! I was fine even though I felt like such a klutz.
I spent the rest of the afternoon chilling until the evening when the two of us went to one of my client's fundraising event at a Vietnamese restaurant. It was very loud and was so not my scene, not to mention the fact that they couldn't really make us food that was paleo friendly, so it was no fun having to starve. To make things worse, we found out that the restaurant was actually a karaoke bar after a certain time and most of the singing wasn't good. We tried to have as much fun as we could but nothing was more fun than leaving the venue!
I guess the best thing about the night was that we won one of the raffle prizes, which was a tray of meat, so something Paleo did come out of the otherwise tedious night!
Sunday
I got up at about 9 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I called up a few places to see if I could get this printer that was on special at Officeworks. As it turned out, there was no stock left at any of the stores, so that saved me from having to go and pick it up.
Both Sam and I went down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch, followed by our fortnightly grocery shopping trip. We then went over to his mum's place to give him some of the meat from the meat tray we won. After a bit of a chat, we left there and went home.
After ironing my clothes for the following week, I cooked up some of the lamb chops from the meat tray for dinner. The rest of the night was totally uneventful. In fact, there hasn't been much excitement since we got back from Europe. You would have thought my post-travel depression must have passed by now.
Comments
Post a Comment