Persistent fight, black-tie function, and icy home
It was a weird weekend mainly because of two things.
The first one was Sam - we got into a fight on Friday night and all these pent up negativity just exploded out of me. Fundamentally, we were having the same fight as we had always had over the last 11 years of our relationship. I am patient but I do have my threshold of tolerance. When I fight, I clam up but Sam tends to raise his voice and verbally fight, so we don't fight well together. I end up totally recoiling into my shell, which makes things very icy.
The second one was the black-tie function I had to attend on Saturday night for work. I really didn't have a choice to not go. Well, I guess I did have the choice but it would be largely frowned upon if I didn't show up, so I did. It wasn't totally unpleasant but I can't stand formal wear on the best of days, not to mention the fact that I knew very little people there and there were some dignitaries sitting at my table with whom I had to make small talks. As it turned out, both the Minister and the Lord Mayor were lovely people, so talking to them wasn't all that tedious, not to mention that the Minister was actually quite spunky, so that helped a lot. :P

I am all over the shop here (see my previous post - still don't feel like I am back in my routine yet) but we did watch a movie by ourselves on Friday night. Ryan and Jake were holidaying in Japan and Iain didn't show again. We saw Dirty Grandpa because while there were a few movies I would probably have picked before it, Sam doesn't like serious movies on Friday nights. Dirty Grandpa was kind of funny but very crude. The language was very abrasive to my ears, even though it was obviously a device for shock humour. The whole story line was inane. The only saving grace was Zac Effron, who was pretty enough to keep my concentration. Otherwise, I would have tuned out.
I did go down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch on both days, which was hardly surprising. I caught up with a friend/workmate today there and it was good to get out of the iciness of the apartment, given that I wasn't exactly speaking to Sam.



So that was it, my so-called weekend. My diary this month looks totally unreal. There are heaps of catch-up dinners and functions all through the month. It is almost as if because we had such a relaxing holiday that everything that causes me to feel restricted and constrained is coming back with a vengeance. I guess all I can do is to take a few deep breaths and turn up to everything to make it through the month.
The first one was Sam - we got into a fight on Friday night and all these pent up negativity just exploded out of me. Fundamentally, we were having the same fight as we had always had over the last 11 years of our relationship. I am patient but I do have my threshold of tolerance. When I fight, I clam up but Sam tends to raise his voice and verbally fight, so we don't fight well together. I end up totally recoiling into my shell, which makes things very icy.
The second one was the black-tie function I had to attend on Saturday night for work. I really didn't have a choice to not go. Well, I guess I did have the choice but it would be largely frowned upon if I didn't show up, so I did. It wasn't totally unpleasant but I can't stand formal wear on the best of days, not to mention the fact that I knew very little people there and there were some dignitaries sitting at my table with whom I had to make small talks. As it turned out, both the Minister and the Lord Mayor were lovely people, so talking to them wasn't all that tedious, not to mention that the Minister was actually quite spunky, so that helped a lot. :P
I am all over the shop here (see my previous post - still don't feel like I am back in my routine yet) but we did watch a movie by ourselves on Friday night. Ryan and Jake were holidaying in Japan and Iain didn't show again. We saw Dirty Grandpa because while there were a few movies I would probably have picked before it, Sam doesn't like serious movies on Friday nights. Dirty Grandpa was kind of funny but very crude. The language was very abrasive to my ears, even though it was obviously a device for shock humour. The whole story line was inane. The only saving grace was Zac Effron, who was pretty enough to keep my concentration. Otherwise, I would have tuned out.
I did go down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch on both days, which was hardly surprising. I caught up with a friend/workmate today there and it was good to get out of the iciness of the apartment, given that I wasn't exactly speaking to Sam.
So that was it, my so-called weekend. My diary this month looks totally unreal. There are heaps of catch-up dinners and functions all through the month. It is almost as if because we had such a relaxing holiday that everything that causes me to feel restricted and constrained is coming back with a vengeance. I guess all I can do is to take a few deep breaths and turn up to everything to make it through the month.

Comments
Post a Comment