D&M dinner, annual psychic reading, and a very paleo birthday lunch
I can't believe how quickly the Easter break had been and gone. It felt like yesterday when I finished for the day last Thursday (and a bit irritated because one of my team members left me a potential problem before she went off for a week's leave). I couldn't hang around for too long anyway because I was meeting up with a friend/client for dinner. She recently broke up with her partner of over 14 years, so it was good to chat with her.
Thursday evening
Dinner with J was great. I always enjoy catching up with her. We share this almost spiritual friendship, which allows us to have D&Ms with each other whenever we catch up and last Thursday evening was no different.
I felt sad that her long term relationship had ended but I also understood her decision (she was the one who broke it off). Her partner no longer stimulated her on many levels. Even though she had tried to work through the issues with him, things never improved and she felt like she owed it to herself to start a new chapter of her life.
I tried to listen and refrained from giving her any advice but I did encourage her to go travelling. She had wanted to do that for years but never did it because her partner had not been that interested. Even if they had gone, he was a very 'basic' guy, who wouldn't really appreciate anything that was of cultural value, so she found herself not having someone to share life's richness.
We didn't go too late though, so it was good to come home and enjoyed the start of the Easter break.
Friday
First thing in the morning, I had my annual psychic appointment, so I drove all the way to woop woop for my reading. As usual, Michael was very good. Before I even had the chance to sit down, he started telling me that I looked extremely busy and I had this energy around me that I was involved with a lot of things at the same time, which was of course accurate to the tee. The rest of the reading was quite substantial and useful, so it was good reading.
When I got back, I really felt like a coffee but Wilde Kitchen was closed because of Good Friday, so I went to a coffee shop around the corner, which turned out to be quite nice (I never knew because I always go to Wilde Kitchen!).



When I got home, I pretty much spent the day doing our taxes and some work. I got a surprising amount of work done, which was a load off my mind.
Saturday
Sam had lots of plans for us on Saturday. He ducked out first to get a few things but couldn't find the things he needed to his disappointment.

Meanwhile, I went down to Wilde Kitchen for breakfast and did some work on my lappy before going back upstairs. When Sam got home, we went to Dan Murphy's, followed by New Farm Coles to get groceries.
In the evening, we went to some clients/friends place for dinner. I recently came out to them, so they invited us to go over for dinner. They also invited one of their friends and she was a lovely person to meet. We had a great night and lots of great conversations. In addition, they made sure they put up a totally Paleo dinner to meet our dietary needs, which was very lovely of them.

We were also enamoured with their miniature Schnauzer, which was very very cute. All in all, we had a wonderful evening.
Sunday
Sam's mum came over at about 11 am on Sunday, together with one of Sam's aunt who came up from Adelaide to celebrate Sam's mum's birthday.
We spent a bit of time at our place, exchanging Easter eggs, before going out to Pete Evan's restaurant Asana in the city for lunch. I had been there a number of times and had always enjoyed it. We were not disappointed. In fact, it was probably one of the most memorable lunches out at a restaurant we had ever had together. Everything happened perfectly, including the surprise Sam arranged - his mum didn't know he organised for her best friend to show up for lunch, so it was lovely that she came.
The food was amazing and everyone enjoyed their meals. We even had dessert and coffee and spent about two hours enjoying the food, the atmosphere and each other's company. It was a great birthday lunch.




When we finally left at about 3:30 pm, we went over to Sam's little brother's and his partner's home and spent some time there before Sam's mum, his aunt, and us came back to our apartment. They watched a Bluray together while I did some work over some cognac until about 8 pm before I drove them home.
It was a very full but reasonably enjoyable day.
Monday
I got up at about 10 am this morning. I think all the late nights and activities were catching up with me. After having some coffee with Sam, I went down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch and finished a whole article for work while I was there!


I then spent the rest of the day doing very little but I did review the Powerpoint for a presentation I will need to do for work tomorrow.
So that was it, four days went by at warped speed. I would have loved to go out for a bit of a bender one night but Dale couldn't make it, so no plan was made. Perhaps in a few weeks' time.
Thursday evening
Dinner with J was great. I always enjoy catching up with her. We share this almost spiritual friendship, which allows us to have D&Ms with each other whenever we catch up and last Thursday evening was no different.
I felt sad that her long term relationship had ended but I also understood her decision (she was the one who broke it off). Her partner no longer stimulated her on many levels. Even though she had tried to work through the issues with him, things never improved and she felt like she owed it to herself to start a new chapter of her life.
I tried to listen and refrained from giving her any advice but I did encourage her to go travelling. She had wanted to do that for years but never did it because her partner had not been that interested. Even if they had gone, he was a very 'basic' guy, who wouldn't really appreciate anything that was of cultural value, so she found herself not having someone to share life's richness.
We didn't go too late though, so it was good to come home and enjoyed the start of the Easter break.
Friday
First thing in the morning, I had my annual psychic appointment, so I drove all the way to woop woop for my reading. As usual, Michael was very good. Before I even had the chance to sit down, he started telling me that I looked extremely busy and I had this energy around me that I was involved with a lot of things at the same time, which was of course accurate to the tee. The rest of the reading was quite substantial and useful, so it was good reading.
When I got back, I really felt like a coffee but Wilde Kitchen was closed because of Good Friday, so I went to a coffee shop around the corner, which turned out to be quite nice (I never knew because I always go to Wilde Kitchen!).
When I got home, I pretty much spent the day doing our taxes and some work. I got a surprising amount of work done, which was a load off my mind.
Saturday
Sam had lots of plans for us on Saturday. He ducked out first to get a few things but couldn't find the things he needed to his disappointment.
Meanwhile, I went down to Wilde Kitchen for breakfast and did some work on my lappy before going back upstairs. When Sam got home, we went to Dan Murphy's, followed by New Farm Coles to get groceries.
In the evening, we went to some clients/friends place for dinner. I recently came out to them, so they invited us to go over for dinner. They also invited one of their friends and she was a lovely person to meet. We had a great night and lots of great conversations. In addition, they made sure they put up a totally Paleo dinner to meet our dietary needs, which was very lovely of them.
We were also enamoured with their miniature Schnauzer, which was very very cute. All in all, we had a wonderful evening.
Sunday
Sam's mum came over at about 11 am on Sunday, together with one of Sam's aunt who came up from Adelaide to celebrate Sam's mum's birthday.
The food was amazing and everyone enjoyed their meals. We even had dessert and coffee and spent about two hours enjoying the food, the atmosphere and each other's company. It was a great birthday lunch.
When we finally left at about 3:30 pm, we went over to Sam's little brother's and his partner's home and spent some time there before Sam's mum, his aunt, and us came back to our apartment. They watched a Bluray together while I did some work over some cognac until about 8 pm before I drove them home.
It was a very full but reasonably enjoyable day.
Monday
I got up at about 10 am this morning. I think all the late nights and activities were catching up with me. After having some coffee with Sam, I went down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch and finished a whole article for work while I was there!
I then spent the rest of the day doing very little but I did review the Powerpoint for a presentation I will need to do for work tomorrow.
So that was it, four days went by at warped speed. I would have loved to go out for a bit of a bender one night but Dale couldn't make it, so no plan was made. Perhaps in a few weeks' time.
Comments
Post a Comment