New iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and dancing cramps
Friday evening
It was so good to finally get to Friday evening after the busy week. After finishing up a few things, I made my way down to the cinemas to meet up with Jake and Ryan for Friday night movies. Sam didn't want to see Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, so he was only coming to dinner.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was okay. It was going to be a bit weird, trying to weave a story between two super heroes from a different time and different place. Naturally, I had to suspend all of my natural instincts and logical reasoning to buy into the story but, even so, the plot was strained and the story just didn't flow that well. The only positive of the movie for me were the special effects. As for whether I would pick to be Batman or Superman if I had the choice, I'd want to be Superman hands down.
Saturday
I tried to keep the day as low key as possible because Dale and I planned to go out on Saturday for a bit of a dance. We only had limited time though because he was going with the boys into the Valley so they could go to a live gig while Dale didn't really want to go, so he suggested that he and I go to The Beat instead.
I had quite a bit to do before the start of the work week, so I went downstairs to Wilde Kitchen, had lunch there, and pretty much worked through what I had to do. As usual, I was exceptionally productive at the cafe and pretty much finished a whole three page article I was meant to complete. I also reviewed the lecture notes for the week, updated them, and posted them onto the system. I was very proud of myself for how much I got done.
When I got home, I tried to drink as much water as I could. I was famished as well, so I ate a few things while watching the last third of Interview with the Vampire on TV. Boy did I forget how good a vampire movie it was - it was my favourite vampire movie ever.
Sunday
I knew that I drank too much the night before, so I found myself waking up with a bit of a headache and nausea. I made myself sleep on though until about 9:30 am.
Sam and I watched two episodes of Orange is the New Black while we had our morning coffee. I was still feeling a bit lousy, so I took a shower and went down to Wilde Kitchen for some nutritious lunch.
When I got back, I had pretty much done everything I needed to do before the start of the work week. I watched a few movies on Netflix and thankfully, my headache had slowly waned. At about 4 pm, I quickly did a few chores before Sam and I went over to my client/friends' place for dinner. They were only a few blocks away but we were too lazy to walk over, so we drove there. LOL.
We were grateful for the lamb shanks they made us for dinner - our Paleo diet could be a bitch to cook for on the best of days. We didn't stay too late though because it was 'school night', not to mention that I was still feeling quite tired from the night before.
So here we are, just about to start another week. Hopefully, it is not going to be as hectic as the last.

Comments
Post a Comment