Dinner with the boy, catching up with Dale, and life's little pleasures
Friday evening
Ryan and Jake went to Melbourne, so Friday night movie was only going to be Sam and me. We couldn't be bothered to stay in the city, so we texted each other and decided to meet at home instead. When we got home, I decided that we should have some fresh sashimi at Fresh Sushi Co. It was a great decision. Not so great a decision was that we forgot to bring wine, or rather, I forgot to bring wine because Sam was doing a de-tox, so he was off wine for a few days.
When we got home, I did some work but went to bed afterwards at a reasonably decent time because I was quite simply exhausted.
Saturday
Sam got up early and went to Kungfu class. I received a text message to pick up something I ordered from the post office, so I got up at about 8:30 am, made myself a coffee, and went to the post office to pick up my parcel.
I then grabbed my lappy and went to Wilde Kitchen for brunch and do some work. I was frightfully productive - I finished a 1,500 word article while I was there and when I got back up to the apartment, I finished an additional 700 word one the editor wanted from me. The psychic who did my life direction reading was right - when I concentrate hard on something, nothing could distract me and I just power on.
The rest of the afternoon was reasonably relaxing. I watched a few movies and TV shows and sipped cognac. The little things in life really give me pleasure these days.
After a rather uneventful dinner, we came back to our place and we watched a movie and a half together (he had to leave half way through the second one because Andy and the boys needed to be picked up after seeing a live band in the Valley.
After he was gone, we stuffed around for a while before we headed to bed at about midnight. It was all very tame and uneventful.
Sunday
I got up this morning close to 10 am. It was a nice sleep-in but as soon as my eyes were opened, it was a bit to carry on sleeping because Sam threw himself on top of me. LOL.
After a cup of coffee and an Orange is the New Black episode, I went down to Wilde Kitchen to do some work again. Once again, I was extremely single-minded because I knew that the more I could get through, the less stressed I would be during the work week. Once again, I got quite a lot of work done.
When I came back up to the apartment, I had three emails to send, which I did. I felt so much better after pushing the 'send' button. Now that the major bits of work had been done, I was happy to go grocery shopping with Sam.
Given that I have now outsourced my dinners during the week to Wilde Kitchen as well, there was not much I needed to buy, so the trip really was for Sam.
We are now at home after the grocery shopping trip. Sam is sorting out his groceries while I am sitting here, typing this blog post, watching Jurassic Park III (again!), eating cheese, and sipping cognac. I need to relax as much as possible before facing the new week, which I am sure will be just as stressful and full-on.
Comments
Post a Comment