The undercurrent
Human beings are such complex creatures. We all think and feel a bunch of things inside but for most of the time, we don't make those thoughts and feelings known. When we do, we choose to disclose selective information to selective people, which means that we are all engaged in a constant 'guessing game' with each other, never really knowing what the other person is thinking or feeling.
Even one's persona is selectively revealed. For instance, the Eddy known by my workmates is completely different from the Eddy known by my friends. This phenomenon permeates all of our relationships, be it people we work with, play with, sleep with, etc, etc.
Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if we indiscriminately let others know exactly what we think or feel. I suspect life could get even more complicated if that is possible.
Even one's persona is selectively revealed. For instance, the Eddy known by my workmates is completely different from the Eddy known by my friends. This phenomenon permeates all of our relationships, be it people we work with, play with, sleep with, etc, etc.
Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if we indiscriminately let others know exactly what we think or feel. I suspect life could get even more complicated if that is possible.

Comments
Post a Comment