Fresh seafood, lovely dinner party, and Harry Potter & the Cursed Child
Given the intensity of my workload before the end of the financial year and the stark contrast between that period and now, it's been very weird for me to be working at my current pace over the last week. I had enough to do but I actually had to create a few tasks along the way, which was great from a client relationship point of view because they saw that as a proactive measure on my part. I even went out to visit a client out of the blue one day, which did wonders for our relationship.
Friday
Friday was probably the busiest day of the week. I started the day at a board meeting, which went till about 12:30 pm. Then we had lunch together, followed by a board development session that went till 2:30 pm. I then hopped in the car and drove all the way to Eagle Farm to run a regular meeting for a client that went for about 2 hours. I was pretty buggered by the end of the day.
As Ryan and Jake are in New Zealand, I drove straight home, attended to some emails, and waited for Sam to get home. When he did, we went to the Fresh Sushi Co for dinner. The batch of oysters and scallops they had on the night were especially fresh and fleshy, so it was a very satisfying meal.



After dinner, we went to IGA to get some dessert. When we got home, we watched a few things on Stan together.
It was an extremely chilled night but I loved it.
Saturday
I got up pretty early on Saturday night because I could sense an over-sleeping headache coming on. I stuffed around on the computer for most of the morning, making a couple of cups of coffee for myself.
When Sam got home, the two of us went down to Wilde Kitchen to catch up with Dale for lunch. It was good to see him since we missed walking during the week. Also, because work had slowed right down, I didn't have tons of things to do, so having lunch with Sam and Dale didn't deprive me of precious work time. The funny thing is - I have actually been feeling a bit guilty for not working whenever I have some spare time; I have to keep reminding myself that I should enjoy the downtime when I have it because it won't last long.




After lunch with the boys, Sam and I went to New Farm Coles to do grocery shopping. Thank god for Pokemon Go to keep me from dying of boredom. I also went over to New Farm Editions to pick up some housewarming prezzies for the dinner party we had been invited to in the evening.


We had such a great time at my clients/friends' place. Their new house was lovely (I love fireplaces) and they prepared some really delicious food to suit our paleo diet for dinner. We also brought along some paleo cheesecake that we picked up from Wilde Kitchen. Sam loved these clients of mine - they were really funny and it was really easy to chat with them, so we had a very lighthearted and relaxing night chatting and laughing.
We finally left at about 10 pm - it didn't feel like we were there for that long but I guess time flies when you are having fun!
Sunday
We got up this morning reasonably early again. We carried out our usual weekend morning routine and Sam wanted to stay in his PJs all day, so I went downstairs for lunch by myself. As the boring person that I was, I ordered the same meal as I did yesterday - it was a special that was not on the menu and I totally loved it the day before, so I figured I was quite entitled to order the same thing!
I did do some work while I was down there (which I finished reasonably quickly) but, more importantly, despite how beautiful the day was, I downloaded Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Omg - it was amazing. I just couldn't put the book down! Well, it wasn't really a book, I guess. It was really a script. While it was a bit weird reading a script at the beginning, once I got hooked by the storyline, I totally got into it. I still haven't finished it as I am typing this but I am about three quarters of the way through. In fact, as soon as I finish blogging, I will take a shower, hop into bed, and continue reading. :P




It has been pure magic reading a Harry Potter all these years after the last book. It is like a reunion with a long lost best friend.


In the evening, I did iron for the week and cook up some haloumi for dinner - if Sam has his way, I'd be frying some up every night!
Anyway, I am going to sign off and continue reading.
Friday
Friday was probably the busiest day of the week. I started the day at a board meeting, which went till about 12:30 pm. Then we had lunch together, followed by a board development session that went till 2:30 pm. I then hopped in the car and drove all the way to Eagle Farm to run a regular meeting for a client that went for about 2 hours. I was pretty buggered by the end of the day.
As Ryan and Jake are in New Zealand, I drove straight home, attended to some emails, and waited for Sam to get home. When he did, we went to the Fresh Sushi Co for dinner. The batch of oysters and scallops they had on the night were especially fresh and fleshy, so it was a very satisfying meal.
After dinner, we went to IGA to get some dessert. When we got home, we watched a few things on Stan together.
It was an extremely chilled night but I loved it.
Saturday
I got up pretty early on Saturday night because I could sense an over-sleeping headache coming on. I stuffed around on the computer for most of the morning, making a couple of cups of coffee for myself.
When Sam got home, the two of us went down to Wilde Kitchen to catch up with Dale for lunch. It was good to see him since we missed walking during the week. Also, because work had slowed right down, I didn't have tons of things to do, so having lunch with Sam and Dale didn't deprive me of precious work time. The funny thing is - I have actually been feeling a bit guilty for not working whenever I have some spare time; I have to keep reminding myself that I should enjoy the downtime when I have it because it won't last long.
After lunch with the boys, Sam and I went to New Farm Coles to do grocery shopping. Thank god for Pokemon Go to keep me from dying of boredom. I also went over to New Farm Editions to pick up some housewarming prezzies for the dinner party we had been invited to in the evening.
We finally left at about 10 pm - it didn't feel like we were there for that long but I guess time flies when you are having fun!
Sunday
We got up this morning reasonably early again. We carried out our usual weekend morning routine and Sam wanted to stay in his PJs all day, so I went downstairs for lunch by myself. As the boring person that I was, I ordered the same meal as I did yesterday - it was a special that was not on the menu and I totally loved it the day before, so I figured I was quite entitled to order the same thing!
I did do some work while I was down there (which I finished reasonably quickly) but, more importantly, despite how beautiful the day was, I downloaded Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Omg - it was amazing. I just couldn't put the book down! Well, it wasn't really a book, I guess. It was really a script. While it was a bit weird reading a script at the beginning, once I got hooked by the storyline, I totally got into it. I still haven't finished it as I am typing this but I am about three quarters of the way through. In fact, as soon as I finish blogging, I will take a shower, hop into bed, and continue reading. :P
It has been pure magic reading a Harry Potter all these years after the last book. It is like a reunion with a long lost best friend.
In the evening, I did iron for the week and cook up some haloumi for dinner - if Sam has his way, I'd be frying some up every night!
Anyway, I am going to sign off and continue reading.

Comments
Post a Comment