Maternal bond, weird wild weather, and Montville lunch
Things are still reasonably quiet at work but I have taken the opportunity to see clients I normally wouldn't proactively see. So far my effort seems to be paying off. The impromptu meetings are creating work for me, which is kind of the point. Meanwhile, my team is integrating with another team internally at work, so there is a bit of negotiating and compromising to do in a bid to standardise how we do things as a single team going forward.
Friday evening
We resumed Friday evening movie night now that the boys were back. I was the first to show up, so I had to wait for the rest of the boys to turn up. We went to Grill'd for dinner as usual and wandered around the city afterwards to wait for the start of the movie. We got some chocolate from the Noosa Chocolate Factory and I felt bad eating so much sugar in one go. :(

We saw Bad Moms, which was surprisingly good. I really thought it was going to be one of those mindless movies that were filled with dirty jokes and crude humour. Instead, the movie had a fair bit of soul to it. Yes, some of the humour was corny and a bit wooden but the moral behind the story was commendable. Particularly poignant was the footage just before the credits started rolling at the end of the movie - the actresses who played the mums in the movie were interviewed with their real life mothers. It was so lovely to see how much love there was between mothers and daughters.
Saturday
I got up really late at about 10:30 am, probably because I had been going to bed late during most of last week.
Sam and I had coffee and watched a whole bunch of You Can't Ask That episodes on ABC's iView together. This is such a good series - I reckon it should be made compulsory viewing.
After coffee, we went down to Wilde Kitchen to have lunch together. After we were done, we drove all the way to Bunnings at Cannon Hill to order some new taps for our apartment. We have been using the same taps since we moved in and some of them had seen their days. When we were done, we went back to New Farm and got some groceries at Coles, before we headed home to relax. Unfortunately, Sam once again set me off with his negativity. Pandemonium ensued and it was all quite unpleasant.

The weather was weird. Even though we had patches of blue sky, it started raining at one stage; it was really strange seeing rain coming down when it was still reasonably sunny (see the video clip below). By the time we were in Coles, a weird stormed rolled in and we had torrential rain for about 15 minutes. It was all very strange.
In the evening, we went to pick up Joel and Si and the four of us went to West End for dinner. It was good seeing the guys - we hadn't seen them for almost a year since they moved down to Sydney. I was meant to go clubbing with the boys afterwards but by the time we finished dinner, I just wasn't in the mood, so I drove them to the nightclub before Sam and I dropped into IGA for some groceries before we went home.
Sunday
I got up because of the alarm going off this morning at 9 am. Otherwise, I reckon I could have slept on. If I have any talent, sleeping is it.
We had some coffee together before we got ready for the day because Andy, Dale, and Phil were coming to our place so that I could drive us up to Montville to have lunch with Andy's aunt. She lives in Berlin and generously took us into her home for Christmas during our European holiday last Christmas, so we wanted to shout her lunch to say thanks.
The weather was beautiful as we drove up to Montville. The traffic was good and it took us about 2 hours to get there. We were very lucky to have found a really good park not long after we got there. Then we went to Poet's Cafe before Andy's mum and his aunt turned up. Lunch was great - the food was not bad and we had a really fun and light-hearted chat, which was necessary because Andy's aunt had limited English skills, so we had to improvise to bridge the gap with a lot of humour.

After lunch, we walked over to the bakery where Andy and the others could get some dessert. We didn't do much more after that because Andy's mum and his aunt wanted to do some bush walking, which wasn't exactly our thing, so we said goodbye at that point. Sam wanted to get some wine, so we ended up tasting some and was entertained by this sassy elderly gay guy.
When we headed back to the car with the boys, we dropped into a confectionary store and we bought some chocolate there. Once again, I felt a bit bad eating so much sugar but it was certainly very satisfying! :P
So that was it. We pretty much headed home after that. I really enjoyed both trips though because we all chatted non-stop. It was good to hear about the boys' recent trip to New Zealand. Truth be told, I really missed chatting free form with the boys like that. We don't seem to have many opportunities to do much of that these days.
When we got home, I ironed for next week, ate a few things, and am now watching a movie to relax. Joel is here at the moment, having a chat with Sam over a glass of wine. It is good to see them catching-up. Sam has really missed him since he moved.
Anyway, I feel like getting a glass of wine myself, so time to sign off!
Friday evening
We resumed Friday evening movie night now that the boys were back. I was the first to show up, so I had to wait for the rest of the boys to turn up. We went to Grill'd for dinner as usual and wandered around the city afterwards to wait for the start of the movie. We got some chocolate from the Noosa Chocolate Factory and I felt bad eating so much sugar in one go. :(

We saw Bad Moms, which was surprisingly good. I really thought it was going to be one of those mindless movies that were filled with dirty jokes and crude humour. Instead, the movie had a fair bit of soul to it. Yes, some of the humour was corny and a bit wooden but the moral behind the story was commendable. Particularly poignant was the footage just before the credits started rolling at the end of the movie - the actresses who played the mums in the movie were interviewed with their real life mothers. It was so lovely to see how much love there was between mothers and daughters.
Saturday
I got up really late at about 10:30 am, probably because I had been going to bed late during most of last week.
Sam and I had coffee and watched a whole bunch of You Can't Ask That episodes on ABC's iView together. This is such a good series - I reckon it should be made compulsory viewing.
After coffee, we went down to Wilde Kitchen to have lunch together. After we were done, we drove all the way to Bunnings at Cannon Hill to order some new taps for our apartment. We have been using the same taps since we moved in and some of them had seen their days. When we were done, we went back to New Farm and got some groceries at Coles, before we headed home to relax. Unfortunately, Sam once again set me off with his negativity. Pandemonium ensued and it was all quite unpleasant.
The weather was weird. Even though we had patches of blue sky, it started raining at one stage; it was really strange seeing rain coming down when it was still reasonably sunny (see the video clip below). By the time we were in Coles, a weird stormed rolled in and we had torrential rain for about 15 minutes. It was all very strange.
Sunday
I got up because of the alarm going off this morning at 9 am. Otherwise, I reckon I could have slept on. If I have any talent, sleeping is it.
We had some coffee together before we got ready for the day because Andy, Dale, and Phil were coming to our place so that I could drive us up to Montville to have lunch with Andy's aunt. She lives in Berlin and generously took us into her home for Christmas during our European holiday last Christmas, so we wanted to shout her lunch to say thanks.
The weather was beautiful as we drove up to Montville. The traffic was good and it took us about 2 hours to get there. We were very lucky to have found a really good park not long after we got there. Then we went to Poet's Cafe before Andy's mum and his aunt turned up. Lunch was great - the food was not bad and we had a really fun and light-hearted chat, which was necessary because Andy's aunt had limited English skills, so we had to improvise to bridge the gap with a lot of humour.
After lunch, we walked over to the bakery where Andy and the others could get some dessert. We didn't do much more after that because Andy's mum and his aunt wanted to do some bush walking, which wasn't exactly our thing, so we said goodbye at that point. Sam wanted to get some wine, so we ended up tasting some and was entertained by this sassy elderly gay guy.
When we headed back to the car with the boys, we dropped into a confectionary store and we bought some chocolate there. Once again, I felt a bit bad eating so much sugar but it was certainly very satisfying! :P
So that was it. We pretty much headed home after that. I really enjoyed both trips though because we all chatted non-stop. It was good to hear about the boys' recent trip to New Zealand. Truth be told, I really missed chatting free form with the boys like that. We don't seem to have many opportunities to do much of that these days.
When we got home, I ironed for next week, ate a few things, and am now watching a movie to relax. Joel is here at the moment, having a chat with Sam over a glass of wine. It is good to see them catching-up. Sam has really missed him since he moved.
Anyway, I feel like getting a glass of wine myself, so time to sign off!
Comments
Post a Comment