Shark movie, dull headache, and anniversary dinner
The week was a little busier than the previous one. I felt quite achieved having done a number of more 'chunky' pieces of work. It is quite weird really. I find that the type of work I do is veering away from what I am technically trained to do as I progress in my career. In fact, a lot of the work I do these days relies on understanding people and how to relate to them. The technical stuff is almost peripheral to the service I offer.
Friday evening
I had pretty busy Friday and the last meeting started at about 4:45 pm, so it was a relief when the meeting was over and I could finally start my weekend, especially given that the last meeting was quite emotionally taxing as I had to emotionally connect with my client and used a lot of emotional intelligence to arrive at a 'solution'.
I met up with the boys as usual, only that Phil and Cam came as well, which was unexpected. They wanted to watch some animation movie, which was the only genre of movies I wouldn't watch, so Sam and I bought tickets for The Shallows instead.
All of us had dinner together at the food court in the Myer Centre and we went to JB Hifi afterwards to kill time. Our movie started an hour earlier though, so we said goodbye to the boys at about 8:15 pm and went to see our movie.
The Shalllows was ambitious. It attempted to set a new standard since the Jaws movies but I think it fell short. It was relentless though - from the time the shark started attacking the main character, the plot just wouldn't let up. There were a lot of stomach churning scenes such as the main character using her earrings to stitch up her gaping wound after being bitten by a great white. Sam generally has a strong stomach for gory scenes but even he grimaced a bit watching this movie. In the end, it was not going to be a cult movie that would rival the Jaws franchise but it was gripping enough for it to be an engaging movie. Knowing myself, I would watch this again and again as soon as it is available for mass distribution.
Saturday
We got up at about 9:30 am and had our morning coffee as usual. I had a little bit of an over-sleeping headache but we still managed to watch the another episode of Stranger Things nonetheless.


After grooming ourselves up, we went downstairs to Wilde Kitchen for lunch. They had a special dish for the weekend, which was very delicious and reminded me of an favourite dish they had since canned. After lunch, we went around the corner to the new Go Vita and bought a few things there before we headed to New Farm Coles to get some groceries.

By that time, I started getting a dull headache but not enough to paralyse me. When we got home, I made a batch of coconut and mango chia seed puddings for ourselves before relaxing. As the afternoon went on, my headache got worse. Eventually, at about 5 pm, I had to call the restaurant and reschedule our belated anniversary dinner.
We ended up haanving a very uneventful night at home, which wasn't such a bad thing after all. We did manage to watch the final two episodes of Stranger Things. Boy was it a good show. Now that we have finished it, what are we going to watch next? My headache did subside before I headed to bed.
Sunday
We got up at around the same time, had coffee, and watched Netflix together.

I then took a shower because Dale texted and wanted to have lunch with me, so I went downstairs and had lunch with him. We had a good chat and when I got back upstairs, I relaxed for a bit before I ironed my shirts for next week because we had deferred our anniversary dinner to tonight.
At about 5:45 pm, we drove over to New Farm and we walked the length of the River Walk to the city to have our anniversary dinner at Jellyfish, which had always been one of my favourite seafood restaurants. The weather was absolutely gorgeous - it wasn't too cold or warm, so it was lovely having dinner at the partially alfresco restaurant.





After we had a very delicious meal, we walked all the way back to New Farm, hopped in the car, and came home. We finished off by having the macadamia white chocolate cookies I bought at lunch for dessert, followed by the chia seed puddings I made.
It was a very lovely night sharing a nice meal with Sam, celebrating the start of our 13th year together. I still can't believe it has been this long since we first started seeing each other.
Friday evening
I had pretty busy Friday and the last meeting started at about 4:45 pm, so it was a relief when the meeting was over and I could finally start my weekend, especially given that the last meeting was quite emotionally taxing as I had to emotionally connect with my client and used a lot of emotional intelligence to arrive at a 'solution'.
I met up with the boys as usual, only that Phil and Cam came as well, which was unexpected. They wanted to watch some animation movie, which was the only genre of movies I wouldn't watch, so Sam and I bought tickets for The Shallows instead.
All of us had dinner together at the food court in the Myer Centre and we went to JB Hifi afterwards to kill time. Our movie started an hour earlier though, so we said goodbye to the boys at about 8:15 pm and went to see our movie.
The Shalllows was ambitious. It attempted to set a new standard since the Jaws movies but I think it fell short. It was relentless though - from the time the shark started attacking the main character, the plot just wouldn't let up. There were a lot of stomach churning scenes such as the main character using her earrings to stitch up her gaping wound after being bitten by a great white. Sam generally has a strong stomach for gory scenes but even he grimaced a bit watching this movie. In the end, it was not going to be a cult movie that would rival the Jaws franchise but it was gripping enough for it to be an engaging movie. Knowing myself, I would watch this again and again as soon as it is available for mass distribution.
Saturday
We got up at about 9:30 am and had our morning coffee as usual. I had a little bit of an over-sleeping headache but we still managed to watch the another episode of Stranger Things nonetheless.
After grooming ourselves up, we went downstairs to Wilde Kitchen for lunch. They had a special dish for the weekend, which was very delicious and reminded me of an favourite dish they had since canned. After lunch, we went around the corner to the new Go Vita and bought a few things there before we headed to New Farm Coles to get some groceries.
We ended up haanving a very uneventful night at home, which wasn't such a bad thing after all. We did manage to watch the final two episodes of Stranger Things. Boy was it a good show. Now that we have finished it, what are we going to watch next? My headache did subside before I headed to bed.
Sunday
We got up at around the same time, had coffee, and watched Netflix together.
I then took a shower because Dale texted and wanted to have lunch with me, so I went downstairs and had lunch with him. We had a good chat and when I got back upstairs, I relaxed for a bit before I ironed my shirts for next week because we had deferred our anniversary dinner to tonight.
At about 5:45 pm, we drove over to New Farm and we walked the length of the River Walk to the city to have our anniversary dinner at Jellyfish, which had always been one of my favourite seafood restaurants. The weather was absolutely gorgeous - it wasn't too cold or warm, so it was lovely having dinner at the partially alfresco restaurant.
After we had a very delicious meal, we walked all the way back to New Farm, hopped in the car, and came home. We finished off by having the macadamia white chocolate cookies I bought at lunch for dessert, followed by the chia seed puddings I made.
It was a very lovely night sharing a nice meal with Sam, celebrating the start of our 13th year together. I still can't believe it has been this long since we first started seeing each other.
Comments
Post a Comment