Chick flick, discovering Foodora, and lots of chilling
My weeks seem to be quite inconsistent. There are some weeks when I feel bogged down and weary and I don't really want to do anything while others are crazily busy but I feel totally accomplished when it is finished. Last week was haphazard. It was nice and breezy in the earlier part of the week but it went nuts by Friday. By lunch time, I felt like I had done enough work for the day, except that there were still heaps of work waiting for me to do for the rest of the day.
Friday evening
I felt relieved when the week finally finished. I felt like I did a lot but I wasn't sure if I made the right call with a few things. I always doubt myself, especially when clients trust my judgment. I guess I just don't want to let them down but life is not that black and white, so it's hard to know if what I know is all there is to know and my judgement is based on what I know only.
I was keen to get out of the work, so by the time I got to the cinema, the boys hadn't shown up yet, so I found myself playing with my new iPhone, which came at around lunch time. As sad as it was, I still got the kicks getting a new iPhone on launch day.
When the boys turned up, we had dinner down at the Food Court. Cam and Phil left after dinner, so did Sam, which left Ryan, Jake, and me seeing a movie together.
Yes, I saw Bridget's Jones' Baby. That was after I ditched my team at work while I bought tickets for them to go to a fundraising event to see the movie on Thursday night. I never saw the first two movies and while I had been known to see chick flicks, I drew the line at Bridget Jones- at least until now. :P But you know what? I enjoyed it. Yes, some of the gags were tedious but at least they weren't crude and painfully obvious, courtesy of good old British humour. It was ultimately a feel good movie, which provided some much need joy to end my work week.
Saturday
I got up at about 10 am, which wasn't surprising considering I didn't go to bed until about 2 am the night before.
After our morning coffee ritual, I went downstairs by myself for lunch while I did some work. When I finished the work, I felt a sense of momentary freedom. It wasn't frequent when I found myself not having much related stuff to do for the remaining part of my weekend.

We were meant to go to a barbecue at lunch but we didn't end up going. Just as well, Sam and Mark live quite far away these days and the trip can get a bit tedious.
When I came back up to the apartment, I watched a whole bunch of movies and played Civ V for a while. I was very unproductive but it was good to just zonk out. Cognac and wine helped too. :P
In the evening, we didn't go out either. We used Foodora and ordered some dinner in. While I didn't completely enjoy my meal, it had nothing to do with Foodora - their service was amazing. You could see every step after you ordered on the app and because you could see them on the map as the delivery person was heading towards you, it felt really quick and efficient. I will definitely be using the service again. I love modern technology.
So the whole day was completely a write-off apart from the work I did at lunch but it felt so good to relax.
Sunday
I got up at about 10 am again this morning. It was like a re-run of yesterday.
I did organise with Andy and Dale to meet up for lunch at Wilde Kitchen because they needed my help with a potential business purchase. Sometimes I forget that talking about this stuff is second nature to me these days and I take for granted what I know as if it is just common knowledge, until people tell me how how enlightened they are by what I told them.


After lunch, I came back up here and enjoyed some more R&R until about 5:30 pm when I ironed for the week. I didn't feel like dinner, so I cracked opened a bottle of red wine and had a wheel of camembert for dinner while I watched The Block. I love watching the room unveiling episodes. I also made a batch of coconut and mango chia seed puddings - they are so easy to make and yummy!

The coming week doesn't look too bad but given that I am not really feeling highly motivated at the moment, thinking about it makes me feel a bit weary but I am sure I will be fine as soon as I start working again.
Friday evening
I felt relieved when the week finally finished. I felt like I did a lot but I wasn't sure if I made the right call with a few things. I always doubt myself, especially when clients trust my judgment. I guess I just don't want to let them down but life is not that black and white, so it's hard to know if what I know is all there is to know and my judgement is based on what I know only.
I was keen to get out of the work, so by the time I got to the cinema, the boys hadn't shown up yet, so I found myself playing with my new iPhone, which came at around lunch time. As sad as it was, I still got the kicks getting a new iPhone on launch day.
When the boys turned up, we had dinner down at the Food Court. Cam and Phil left after dinner, so did Sam, which left Ryan, Jake, and me seeing a movie together.
Yes, I saw Bridget's Jones' Baby. That was after I ditched my team at work while I bought tickets for them to go to a fundraising event to see the movie on Thursday night. I never saw the first two movies and while I had been known to see chick flicks, I drew the line at Bridget Jones- at least until now. :P But you know what? I enjoyed it. Yes, some of the gags were tedious but at least they weren't crude and painfully obvious, courtesy of good old British humour. It was ultimately a feel good movie, which provided some much need joy to end my work week.
Saturday
I got up at about 10 am, which wasn't surprising considering I didn't go to bed until about 2 am the night before.
After our morning coffee ritual, I went downstairs by myself for lunch while I did some work. When I finished the work, I felt a sense of momentary freedom. It wasn't frequent when I found myself not having much related stuff to do for the remaining part of my weekend.
We were meant to go to a barbecue at lunch but we didn't end up going. Just as well, Sam and Mark live quite far away these days and the trip can get a bit tedious.
When I came back up to the apartment, I watched a whole bunch of movies and played Civ V for a while. I was very unproductive but it was good to just zonk out. Cognac and wine helped too. :P
So the whole day was completely a write-off apart from the work I did at lunch but it felt so good to relax.
Sunday
I got up at about 10 am again this morning. It was like a re-run of yesterday.
I did organise with Andy and Dale to meet up for lunch at Wilde Kitchen because they needed my help with a potential business purchase. Sometimes I forget that talking about this stuff is second nature to me these days and I take for granted what I know as if it is just common knowledge, until people tell me how how enlightened they are by what I told them.
After lunch, I came back up here and enjoyed some more R&R until about 5:30 pm when I ironed for the week. I didn't feel like dinner, so I cracked opened a bottle of red wine and had a wheel of camembert for dinner while I watched The Block. I love watching the room unveiling episodes. I also made a batch of coconut and mango chia seed puddings - they are so easy to make and yummy!
The coming week doesn't look too bad but given that I am not really feeling highly motivated at the moment, thinking about it makes me feel a bit weary but I am sure I will be fine as soon as I start working again.

Comments
Post a Comment