Overwhelming emails, seafood chowder, and magical Dave Franco

It was a big week last week. I found myself longing for Friday to come along. It wasn't as if I didn't enjoy what I did but the emails were coming too thick and fast and that made feel perturbed while I was in meetings, knowing that I had all these emails waiting for me to attend to when I got back. I ended up staying back till about 6:30 pm before I left the office.

Friday evening

There was nothing worthwhile to see at the movies in the city. I wouldn't have minded going to New Farm Cinemas to see Snowden but everyone seemed reluctant to do anything, so I just cancelled movie night and headed home.

I waited for Sam for a little while, texted him to see when he was getting home, and didn't hear back from him. Then he realised he was getting a massage, which meant that he couldn't have read his text messages. I was getting hungry, so I just whipped a quick dinner together, had it, and watched movies and TV shows on my computer for the rest of the night

So that was it - that was all I did on Friday night but I managed to dawdle until wee hours of the morning before going to bed.

Saturday

I got up at about 10:30 am on Saturday morning and felt quite refreshed.



After coffee, Sam wanted to go grocery shopping, so he came down to have lunch with me at Wilde Kitchen. After lunch, we went to New Farm Coles to do grocery shopping. I decided to cook us something nutritious for dinner, so I picked up a whole lot of ingredients to make a seafood chowder for dinner.



When we got home, I watched some more movies before I went upstairs to make the seafood chowder at about 5 pm. It wasn't too hard to make, although I did just make up the recipe as I went. About an hour and a half later, the seafood chowder was ready and boy was it amazing. It was so seriously good that Sam had two huge bowls and when he was done, he felt sick from overeating.

We watched Now You See Me 2 together before we went back to do our own thing. We knew that Riverfire was happening but we really couldn't care less about it, let alone going to some crowded place to see it, so it was nice and quiet spending the night at home. I quite liked the movie, especially that sequence when they were stealing the computer chip from that highly secured facility. The fact that Dave Franco was in it helped a lot too. ;)

Sunday

I got up slightly earlier this morning. It was an extremely uneventful day. I went down for lunch by myself and did a bit of work while I was there. The rest of the afternoon was spent lazing around, watching yet more movies and TV shows (I am hopelessly addicted to the latest season of Million Dollar Listing New York). Just as well, I had had a dull sinus headache all day.

 

When evening descended, I ironed for next week and then heated up the leftover seafood chowder from last night for dinner. It was just as good tonight as it was last night, if not better.

So that was it. A very quiet weekend. The coming week is looking a bit daunting but I am looking forward to a long overdue going out night with Dale on Sunday because next Monday is a public holiday. I see that as a reward for surviving this coming week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA/Canada trip

Verbal acrobatics, group get-together, and thunderstorms

Labour intensive work, BYO lunch, and playing with toddler