Scrumptious Japanese, dent on credit card, and an unhealthy dinner

It was another reasonably busy week. Things have been heating up, probably because I have been creating work for myself but the 'bread and butter work' has been coming in thick nonetheless.

During the week, I had to attend a farewell function where I had to make a speech. I was fine with the speech - I think I did a reasonable job, judging by the laughs I was able to engender, although I must admit I find teaching and running courses a lot easier than giving a speech about someone leaving. Immediately after my speech though, I felt very sick all of a sudden and had to beeline to the bathroom. I stayed in there for about half an hour, feeling lousy and breaking out in cold sweat. When I finally managed to get better, I made a quick exit. After dropping a colleague back into the city, I turned around and headed home. It was a dreadful experience and I hope I wouldn't be feeling like that again any time soon.

Friday evening

The boys couldn't make movie night, so by the time I was finished (I caught up with a client/friend at the end of the day for a drink), I drove home and went to have Japanese with Sam for dinner.



As usual, we went to Fresh Sushi Co for some really fresh seafood. It was scrumptious and there was nothing better than a cold white wine with seafood. When we were done, we went to IGA to get a few things before heading home. There was a degree of comfort in doing this type of 'routine' around our neighbourhood. Yes, sometimes I miss a bit of excitement in doing something ad hoc and different but I certainly don't mind routine these days.

Saturday

I got up at about 10:30 am on Saturday. Boy was it a good sleep-in. I felt totally refreshed when I got up. After having our morning coffee together, we went downstairs to have lunch at Wilde Kitchen. It was such a substantial meal; we both felt very full by the time we walked out of there.



We then hopped in the car and drove to Chermside Shopping Centre to pick up my newly framed Harry Potter autographed photos. They looked fantastic but they prompted me to start hunting down another two autographed photos because I want to frame them like the one I just picked up for symmetry. At I am writing this, I already bought another one with Draco Malfoy in it that was signed by Tom Felton. I am waiting for the last one on ebay - I made an offer and will hopefully hear back from the seller soon.

After picking up the frame, we drove all the way to the Bunnings at Cannon Hill to pick up the new taps for our apartment. After putting a decent dent on my credit card, we headed home and dropped into The Standard Market Company to pick up some meat and salad for the barbecue get together at Jake and Ryan's place. We ran into one of my new clients, which was a bit awkward. I always worry about what my clients might think when they find out I am gay, although I haven't really experienced any bad reaction to date - well, at least not to my face anyway.

In the evening, we drove to woop woop for a get together barbecue at Jake and Ryan's place. They just got a new puppy and Jake had finally shaved off his crazily huge ginger beard (he was using it to blackmail Ryan into letting him buy the puppy). It was nice to see everybody and, as usual, I cooked everyone's meat, mainly because it gave me something to do and provided some relief from having to make small talk.

It was a reasonably enjoyable night (probably because I got to play with the fire as well) but we decided to leave at about 10:30 pm because it was such a long way from home.

Sunday

After spending most of the day with Sam yesterday, today was more of an alone day for me. After our morning coffee, I went down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch by myself.



I made a decent in-road into a work article and then made my way to Carindale Shopping Centre to kill two birds with one stone - to get my car washed and replace my tooth brush that had stopped working last night and this morning. I made pretty good progress and by the time I got home at about 3 pm, I got everything done. Annoyingly, my old toothbrush (which was less than a year old) started working again, so I gave it to Sam.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful - I made myself a body lotion based on a formula I recently created, ironed for next week, and vegged out. I was too full to have dinner, so I had wine and potato chips, which was not exactly a healthy dinner! I watched The Block while I was indulging and couldn't help wondering how I would score if the judges ever come to our place to assess our decor. :P

Anyway, I am going to take a shower as soon as I finish this post. Another busy week awaits - although Sam has a week off, so looks like I will have to be the breadwinner for the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA/Canada trip

Verbal acrobatics, group get-together, and thunderstorms

Labour intensive work, BYO lunch, and playing with toddler