Long weekend, Sunday Funday, and unplanned shopping trips

It was so good to have a long weekend, especially one in which Dale and I had made plans to go out for Sunday Funday. Coupled with the fact that my new Apple Watch was getting delivered on Friday, I had been willing the week to finish all week.

Friday evening

The building owner was doing some work on our building, so I was forced to log out on Friday evening at 5:30 pm. Just as well - otherwise, I could have sat there for another hour before I left the office.

I went downstairs and did a bit of shopping, which was a nice and relaxing way to start my long weekend. I don't seem to get much of a chance to just browse the shops these days, so I quite enjoyed myself. I could have met up with the boys for drinks beforehand, rather than meeting up with them at the cinemas at 7 pm, but I opted to spend that time by myself.

I met up with the guys at the cinema to get our tickets. Everyone turned up, so that made 6 of us, although Sam was stuck at work and was going to meet us at the cinema instead. Afterwards, we went to Grill'd for dinner. Then Jacob wanted chocolate, so we all went to the Noosa Chocolate Factory to get chocolate for the movie.

We saw Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which was pretty cool. It was heavily stylised like most Tim Burton movies and the story was intriguing enough to keep me interested. I must admit the ending was a bit of an anti-climax but I guess it was a children's movie, so they couldn't be too protracted or scary. Don't get me wrong, it was still a good triumph over evil kind of story but there was just something cartoon-like about the villains that made them less believable. But putting that aside, the movie was very enjoyable and was a great start to the long weekend.

Saturday

We got up reasonably late and had our morning coffee routine. Sam had an uni assignment to do and given the speed he was with these things, he had earmarked the whole weekend to do it, not that he was concentrating on it. He did an awful lot of housework to procrastinate and I couldn't exactly complain about that. :P

I went down to Wilde Kitchen for lunch by myself and did some work while I was down there. It was quite busy though, so it wasn't as enjoyable as normal.



I came back up after lunch and watched a whole bunch of movies. The boys had a make-your-own- pizza night planned and we were invited but we couldn't be bothered to go that far, so we stayed at home and did very little. I did try and convert all my 800 audiobooks from mp3 format to m4b, which turned out to be a less than straightforward exercise on the mac. I also made a whole bunch of Harry Potter watch faces for my Apple Watch, which was kind of fun to do.

Anyway, we did very little in general and was suitably relaxed.

Sunday

Sunday morning was like a replay of Saturday morning, except that Sam was coming down to Wilde Kitchen with me for lunch. Unfortunately, it was one of those days when they did everything wrong. That place really need to get their services and products right and get their act together - I would hate for it to go down because I rely on it for my lunches on the weekend and dinners on weeknights. 



I tried to take it easy because Dale and I were going clubbing later in the evening. Dale showed up at about 5 pm and we had pre-drinks at home. At about 6 pm, we ordered an Uber, which took us to the Valley, only then did I realise I forgot to bring my ID. We asked the doorman at The Beat to see if he would let us in without my ID but he said no, so we had to catch another Uber to get home so I could get my ID. Thank god each trip between home and the Valley was only about 1 kilometre, so I wasted an extra $12 with the extra trips. LOL.



When we first got there, The Beat was very quiet.  There was hardly anyone there. Dale wasn't feeling crash hot after a few drinks, so we went outside for a chat. Jacob showed up after spending most of the day with his workmates, which was kind of fun because he had been drinking since 2 pm, so he was quite drunk. The first DJ on the night was pretty crap - it was like he didn't realise he was playing music at a gay nightclub! He kept playing top 40s music and a lot of them were not conducive to dancing. However, when they changed DJs, the new DJ was much better and we started dancing heaps. One of the boys Dale and I danced with last time was also there. It was a bit awkward because we dirty-danced with him last time. However, he seemed to have a lot of mates with him this time, so he was behaving better. :P

As the night went on, more and more people turned up but we were getting tired, so by about midnight, we went outside and started chatting with people around us. There was a wedding party there - they decided to go there for drinks after the reception. I was pretty merry by then, so when we saw this guy in a sequein tuxedo jacket, I went up to him and asked if I could touch it - definitely not something I would do when I was sober. :P Dale also ran into one of his schoolmates. We chatted for a while before we excused ourselves because Ryno was picking us up. He took me home, which was really nice of him!

Monday

I tried to eat a whole bunch of stuff when I got home to minimise my hangover the next day. I seemed to be able to stomach the food but the quality of my sleep was no good - at one stage, I thought I was going to throw up but I resisted the urge and kept on sleeping. When I finally woke up at about 9 am this morning, I found myself nursing a headache. I quickly made myself a coffee, took some Volatren pills, and I felt much better by the time I finished my coffee.

I wasn't going to go out for the day. Even so, I played with my phone, checking the order status of the Apple Watch I bought Sam for his birthday. It was meant to come on 25 October and Sam's birthday was on 9 October but I noticed that there was one available for pickup at Chermside, which was a bit of a miracle because there was no stock available at any other store (we are actually closer to the city flagship store) and the pickup date for all the other stores was 5 November! I quickly put an order in for pickup and cancelled my previous order. Then I drove all the way out there, picked up a few things as well as the watch, and headed to New Farm Coles to get some ingredients for the chicken soup I was going to make for dinner, trying to be kind to my body after last night's abuse.

So here we are, just about time for me to iron for the coming week. I think I might put the soup on first so that the chicken will practically melt into the soup.

The long weekend was great but only if it was longer!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA/Canada trip

Verbal acrobatics, group get-together, and thunderstorms

Labour intensive work, BYO lunch, and playing with toddler