It is time...
I cringe at the Blogger sidebar - yes, I have been blogging for more than a decade. That's equivalent to 50 years in gay life.
Blogging was a source of joy when I first started it. It was an avenue to make friends but I didn't blog without some reluctance and misgivings, mainly because I cherished my privacy, which meant that I had always been careful with what I put on my blog.
Over the years, my blog has turned into a personal diary of sorts but being the stubbornly persistent person that I am, I refuse to give up on regularly blogging. After all, I don't keep a diary and my blog serves precisely that purpose.
While all my blogger friends have stopped at some point, I have continued to soldier on and I haven't regretted doing that. But blogging also comes with a personal sacrifice - I find myself not writing what I want to write (I started a few books years ago) because I feel guilty every Sunday night if I forget to blog.
But - all things must come to an end. I am not proposing to stop blogging altogether. I just want to do away with the regular posts and only blog when something worth blogging pops up for posterity.
So here we are - I don't know when I will post the next time and I am sorry if you like the reliability of these posts week after week but it will stop now. Feel free to take me off your reading list but feel free to leave me on it as well. I know I will post from time to time but just not with military frequency.
So long, my weekly blogging ritual. I will kind of miss you but I also look forward to freeing up some time to do what I want to do without any guilt.
Blogging was a source of joy when I first started it. It was an avenue to make friends but I didn't blog without some reluctance and misgivings, mainly because I cherished my privacy, which meant that I had always been careful with what I put on my blog.
Over the years, my blog has turned into a personal diary of sorts but being the stubbornly persistent person that I am, I refuse to give up on regularly blogging. After all, I don't keep a diary and my blog serves precisely that purpose.
While all my blogger friends have stopped at some point, I have continued to soldier on and I haven't regretted doing that. But blogging also comes with a personal sacrifice - I find myself not writing what I want to write (I started a few books years ago) because I feel guilty every Sunday night if I forget to blog.
But - all things must come to an end. I am not proposing to stop blogging altogether. I just want to do away with the regular posts and only blog when something worth blogging pops up for posterity.
So here we are - I don't know when I will post the next time and I am sorry if you like the reliability of these posts week after week but it will stop now. Feel free to take me off your reading list but feel free to leave me on it as well. I know I will post from time to time but just not with military frequency.
So long, my weekly blogging ritual. I will kind of miss you but I also look forward to freeing up some time to do what I want to do without any guilt.

Comments
Post a Comment